Sunday, March 12, 2006

Who I Am


This is a digital painting by Robin Joseph for The Dreaming.

I've had some comments about who I am. I've considered this blog a House of Cool studio blog but if people want this thing to be a little more personal I will oblige.

My name is Ricardo Curtis. I was born in Kingston, Jamaica but I grew up in Toronto, Canada. I studied classical animation at Sheridan College in Oakville, Canada. I've worked in feature animation for most of my career but I've spent some time working in television also. I've been an animator, supervising animator, designer and storyboard artist at studio such as Warner Bros., DreamWorks and Pixar. I moved back to Canada over three years ago with my wife and had a son and started House of Cool. I am currently the head of story on Horton Hears a Who at Blue Sky while still supervising operations at House of Cool.

I'll let everyone else at House of Cool write up their own bios.

3 comments:

justin said...

Hey House of Cool,

It's been great hearing thoughts from Ricardo and Kate on the biz and on life.. and of course, the work is stellar stuff!

Can't wait to hear more and see more. Keep up the great work.

Daswell said...

Happy to see Jamaica representing. I was born in Montego Bay but spent much of High school in Kingston.

David Colman said...

looking fwd to that flick...dr seuss done the right way

brilliant little design here!!! your company turns out some fantabulous work!!!